Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 2

Daily Tip: Update those Netflix queues and add those Kindle books before surgery! This is the point where the cabin fever starts to set in and it's nice to go straight to my lists to pick something!

So from here on out, I'll probably just do a weekly update, unless something interesting happens :) It will give me a change to update the Prepping Your House for A Foot Fusion section, Meal Prepping! section, Awesome DIY Ice Packs section, and other sections!

Today will round out week 2 since the surgery. I have a scheduled post op today, hopefully to get those stitches out and to get some more x-rays to see how I'm progressing.

Pain management has been a lot better. I've been able to sit up for longer periods of time as long as I'm elevating, but the main pain factor is coming from not elevating and taking the foot down to get on the scooter or go to the bathroom, etc.

I've also developed a nagging new symptom - itching! I expected the sutures to itch as the foot heals, but it's actually been the areas around the stitching and not actually the incision. Without doctor clearance, I took the little antiseptic patch off of my foot and about an hour later the itching relieved. I think I could possibly be allergic to that.

Other notables in Week 2? I'm getting better movement in my ankle and toes, as I've been trying to do little exercises in bed!

Subsequent post from the doctor's office today to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waaaaaaalking!!

Well folks, the day I never thought would come....CAME! 9 weeks and 6 days to the day of my surgery, I reported to the doctor's office w...